With significant measures being taken across the country to combat the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), we want to reassure you that Great Plains Industries Australia (FLOMEC®) remains fully operational during government restrictions on non-essential activity.
We are working as hard as we can with our suppliers and freight companies to help ensure that we can maintain supply to our customers across the globe during this unprecedented time.
We’ve implemented some significant changes designed to minimise risk to our staff and customers. We are also extending our operating capabilities and increasing our capacity to serve our global distribution network as a result of these changes.
Some of the changes we have implemented include:
- Shift work has been initiated to further enhance social distancing. This also means extended hours of coverage to our customers from 7am to 7pm effective Monday 30th of March 2020 until further notice.
- Strict sanitation protocols will be carried out twice a day to ensure the facility all common surfaces, work spaces and products are thoroughly cleaned minimising potential spread.
- Staff working from home where possible.
- No visitors being admitted to the premises.
- Reduced freight dispatch days to Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays only. This is aimed at minimising external interactions and should have minimal impact on delivery times to our customers.
- Temperature monitoring for all staff at the beginning of each shift.
We are committed to continuing to provide services and delivery throughout our network and as any disruptions resulting from COVID-19 (coronavirus) occur, we will keep you, our customers, updated via emails, social media and our website.
For the latest information on the action we are taking to protect the health and safety of its people and customers in relation to COVID-19 (coronavirus), visit www.flomec.com.au or contact us.
We also recommend that you follow our LinkedIn page as this will be the most frequently updated source of information.
We will also endeavor to keep you updated on any government mandated changes that may affect our ability to operate if they occur.
As the community continues to come together in the face of this pandemic, we would also like to find out how we can assist you. We understand that there can and will be varied risks and the impacts will be different from business to business. In order to continue supporting you in the best way possible, updating the GPI team on how the below questions impact your business, will go a long way:
- What impact the COVID-19 is having on your company if any?
- What can we do to further assist during this period? For example, delaying or consolidating shipments where possible.
The team at Great Plains Industries Australia (FLOMEC®)