We are pleased to announce that Great Plains Industries Inc. has earned Factory Mutual (FM) Approvals for the FLOMEC OM Series (Positive Displacement) Oval Gear Meters (sizes 1/8” to 4”) in North America.
For the US equipment rating compliance: Flameproof for Class 1, Zone 1, Aex db IIB T4 Gb hazardous (classified) location, with an ambient temperature rating of -40° C to +120° C
For the Canadian equipment rating compliance: Flameproof for Class 1, Zone 1, Ex db IIB T4 Gb hazardous (classified) locations, with an ambient temperature rating of -40° C to +120° C
FM Approval is a global program providing third-party certification based on objectively testing property loss prevention products and services and certifying those that meet rigorous safety and loss prevention standards.
Class 1, Zone 1 is a hazardous area certification and indicates that our OM Meters are “flameproof” in areas where ignitable concentrations of flammable gases, vapors or liquids are likely to exist under normal operating conditions.
OM Meters with FM Applications:
- Fluid Transfer Process for crude, output from the cracker, blending, stabilizer and fuel oil boiler feed
- Measurement of liquid gas
- Fuel Storage Monitoring
Dosing and Loading Technology
- Measurement of various fuels and additives
Fuel transfer (Barge and Tanker)
- Portable gas stations for ships
- Fuel Depot on loading arm and additive injection
- Power Generation
- Fuel oil on co-gen operations
Net-Use Fuel Consumption for Diesel Engines & Diesel Gensets
- Monitor diesel fuel usage rate (Net-Use)
- Commercial & Recreational Marine Vessels
- Diesel Gensets
Paints and Coatings
- For various mixing and blending processes with solvent and pigment Sewer Treatment
- Addition of flocculent and polymer during the caking process, (methane gas area)
Pulp and Paper
- Feed chemical stock on continuous digester, white liquor
- Various applications depending on process (a high percentage of chemical processes require FM)
- Additive injection and measuring various acids or alkali
FLOMEC ensures that products carry necessary ratings for a variety of service locations such as indoor, outdoor, wash-down areas, sanitary locations, and hazardous areas. OM certifications include ATEX, IECEx, CE, FM, NEMA 4X, IP66, and IP67.
This FM approval on our OM Meters provides further recognition of the innovation and commitment to quality being carried out by the FLOMEC engineering team at GPI.